Monday, June 23, 2008

#47 - Spend a weekend at the lake house with just Chris

My month from hell included: working long days, stressful deadlines, chris having hernia surgery, staying with him in the hospital for 4 days, working long days, having to do everything around the house since he is in recovery, dealing with a big conference, having to play nurse to Chris (which he of course liked), working 13 hours on my feet, taking time out of work to take Chris to appointments, an emergency vet visit that cost us $320 and more! Don't you think I deserved a nice relaxing weekend? Yeah - me too!

Chris and I headed up to the lake house this past Friday for a long weekend of doing nothing. It is his family's lake house on Lake LBJ - only an hour from our house. This was our very first time at the lake house for the whole weekend by ourselves. We love to go up there but every time we do - his family is there, or my family is there or our friends are there. And while I truly do love sharing the lake house with everyone - it was sooooo nice to finally have our first weekend where we were the only ones staying there (and don't tell my mother-in-law but I even left the dirty dishes in the sink for a day!!!!).

It was Finn's first time at the lake house and he loved it - sniffing (and occasionally eating) deer poop, barking at the ducks, finding Heidi and Fritz's toys (in law's dogs), running like crazy and sleeping in the shade. In fact he loved it so much he refused to get in the truck when it was time to leave on Sunday. He ran back down to the lake and wouldn't come up to the house (3 acres is a lot of room for a dog to play "you can't catch me"). I finally tricked him into thinking he could go in the house and BAM grabbed him and put him in the truck. He was definitely sad to say good bye to the lake.

I wish I could say I have some fabulous photos to show you but in all honesty, I was too busy laying in the hammock drinking mojitos. :) So next time I'll get those photos. Promise!

No comments: