Thursday, October 23, 2008

#64 - Voted today

California Citizens Take Part In Early Voting

I voted early today. I highly recommend it to those that haven't voted yet. I love that you can vote at any location in your county. This is extremely important to me because my voting location is way out in BFE Southeast Travis County and I never go out that way. So going to the HEB a mile from my office on my lunch break is way more convenient for me.

Bonus to voting early: there weren't any annoying campaign people outside the voting location stalking you as you go in and out of the voting location!

So my 101 goal was to research and make an informed decision on voting for president. This was a lot harder than I expected but I made sure to keep an open mind through the whole process - and even watched 3 out of the 4 debates. When I wasn't sure what to do I finally decided to pick one issue that's important to me and base my decision off that. Right now the most important thing is me keeping my job (ie - getting the economy back in good standing). Communication jobs are often the first to get cut because the ROI is often hard to show. I did detailed research and made my decision off that.

But then after I stressed and stressed about it I realized it doesn't really matter anyway. Afterall, I live in Texas - and thanks to the electorial college - my vote automatically becomes a McCain vote. So why did I waste my time??? (this is rhetorical) Gotta love the national election process.

P.S. - Here is the info for Travis County early voting locations.

No comments: