Friday, August 22, 2008

#60 - Step Brothers


Like I stated before, we were in Iowa visiting our friends Leslie and Mike recently. We were going to go canoing one day - but there were some bad storms so we had to make different plans. Last minute we decided to go see a movie and picked out Step Brother with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.

What makes a movie more fun? ALCOHOL! What are you to do when there is no Alamo Drafthouse in Iowa? Sneak in little flasks of alcohol you bought at the grocery store on your way to the theater, of course!

Did I mention we went to a matinee on a Tuesday? That made it even weirder to be drinking. I felt like a teenager sneaking liquor into the theater but it really did make the movie more fun.

As for the movie - I loved the beginning. There are some great lines. However, I felt like towards the end of the movie they just ran out of steam and thought "Hey, let's just find a way to end this." It just didn't quite work for me.

So basically what I mean is...if you haven't seen it already - just wait until it comes out on DVD and you can rent it from the Red Box for a buck and save yourself some money. And then you don't have to sneak the liquor in either - you can get as drunk as you want in your own living room.

No comments: