Friday, August 8, 2008

Sorry for the lack of updates

This summer still continues to be crazy busy for me with lots of twists and turns. I won't go into details now because I don't have time but I'm hopeful it will settle down once Christmas tree farm season starts in October. I don't know if I can handle all this PLUS working on the farm every weekend.

But for now Chris and I are headed on a 16 hour (one way) road trip up to Iowa to visit our good friends Leslie and Mike.

Chris and I with Leslie and Mike at their wedding just over a year ago.

We'll also attend our first National Christmas Tree Meeting in Des Moines, IA (the initial reason we're going up there - but don't tell Leslie!). Yup folks, my summer vacation includes going and meeting with a bunch of Christmas tree farmers! Whoda thought??? But I'm really excited about it. Bonus is that we're stopping in Jeff City, MO on our way back to visit Chris' Aunt Mary Ann - and that woman sure can cook! My tummy can't wait. :)

I have major updates (like I finished my kitchen island!!!!) but no time to organize the photos and post about that long process. Just sit pretty and hopefully I'll get to it when we come back from our trip.

p.s. - Pray that our crAaZy dog doesn't make my parents go insane. They're angels for watching the hellion. It'll be a miracle if he doesn't kill our 22 year old family cat this week with his antics.

No comments: