Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The 600 lb Butter Cow

Have you ever seen a 600 lb cow made out of butter? I HAVE! And I have the photos to prove it.

Quick (grainy) photo of me in front of the butter cow before some runt kid pushed me out of the way


While we were in Iowa visiting our friends Leslie and Mike, we went to the Iowa State Fair. The "must see" for me was the butter cow. Things to know about the butter cow:

1. The butter cow could butter 19,200 slices of toast
2. I wouldn't want to use that butter on my toast though since they recycle the butter from year to year (ew! part 1)
3. It would take you 2 lifetimes to consume all that butter
4. There is a wood, metal, mesh frame so it isn't JUST butter
5. They go into a lot of detail on the cow. (ew! part 2)


Bonus for the butter cow of 2008: the life size butter Shawn Johnson, US Olympic Gymnast from Des Moines.

Before the butter (photo from Yahoo! Sports and Getty Images)

After the butter (with butter balance beam - her premier event)

With the butter flag

3 comments:

Tabatha said...

Does anyone have any toast???

MrsMonkey said...

Oh my! That makes me want to take a break from butter.

ashley said...

omg its a butter cow! that's hilarious...