Monday, July 14, 2008

Major updates

I've been bad about updating this blog because our computer was running sooooooo slow. But this weekend we (my wonderful dad) installed more memory and now it runs like a champ. So all the photos I've been saving up to work with are now easily accessible and don't make me want to shoot my brains out whenever I have to even open a photo to edit.

So here are some long over due updates and then I'll do some more recent updates on their own posts...

#11 - Have fresh flowers in the house each month.

I did miss a month of no fresh flowers (crazy month of June) and I also missed taking photos of some pretty roses (April) I had in the house but here are two photos of some of the beautiful fresh flowers I've had in the house.

Sunflowers in May
Hydrangeas in July

Tips: HEB has amazing flowers for great prices - plus a 7 day guarantee! Tell your husbands!!! Once mine found out he didn't have to spend $50+ on flowers, I started getting them a lot more often. And if you haven't been to the new HEB in Westlake - I highly recommend it. Besides all the other fabulous departments, their flower section is awesome. They carry so much more than the typical roses and carnations mixed bouquet. It's great. And some of the flowers (if not all of them - I don't know) come from a grower outside Blanco called Texas Specialty Cut Flowers - so you're supporting a Central Texas business as well. Did I mention how great it was???

#36 - Go to a Concert

Back in April Chris and I went with our friend Erika to the Lone Star State Jam in Waterloo Park (downtown Austin). The all-day concert included the majority of my favorite Texas Country singers like Kevin Fowler, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Roger Creager, Cory Morrow, Eli Young Band, Bleu Edmondson and more! Not only was the music great (Creager was my favorite of the day) but it was amazing people watching. It brought me back to the good old days of Chilifest in college where we'd get wasted and watch these same bands....only this time I was sober and hot and annoyed by the drunk college kids getting into my space and sitting on my blanket. :) Sometimes it sucks being the old fuddy duddy (as my mom would say).

Roger Creager (see the drummer there on the left - he went to high school with Chris!)

Erika with Kevin Fowler


#60 - watch 101 movies

I need to get rolling on this one, don't I??? I've watched plenty of movies, I just don't think Lifetime movies should count for this, do you? :) So I'm going to only include major released movies - which means I really need to get watching!

I did however go to the actual movie theater to watch a real movie recently (can you tell I rarely make it to the movie theater). I, along with the majority of women in America, went to see the Sex and the City Movie. sweetness! I loved it. I wasn't able to watch it for several weeks because of my busy schedule so once I had time I had a hard time finding someone to go with that #1. wanted to see it and #2 hadn't already seen it. Luckily my dear friend Celia fit the bill.


The best part about the experience was the couple that brought their two kids (one an infant the other about 3 years old) to see this rated R movie. Note to parents: if the word SEX is in the title of the movie - it's probably not kid friendly! Get a clue here people! I was really annoyed by the kids being there since they were sitting behind us and not quiet - until there was a sex scene on the big screen and I looked over at the 3 year old walking up and down the stairs and I see her holding her hands over her face, covering her eyes. I had to laugh - it was cute. And thank goodness the baby started crying soon after that (can you blame him?) and the family left.

No comments: