Monday, July 28, 2008

#60 - Mama Mia!

I have a confession...I love musicals.

I just recently realized it though. It's not something I go around saying but I realized that some of my favorite movies are musicals. I feel bad for Chris that I must subject him to this type of very girly material but I guess that's what he gets for making me watch James Bond movies.

For example: Across the Universe - favorite movie of all time (well besides Steel Magnolias...). Chicago, Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz (which was on TV last night), Hairspray (the original), Grease, West Side Story, Moulin Rouge, High School Musical 1 & 2 (yes you can start making fun of me now) to name a few.


And now...add Mama Mia! to the list of musicals I love. It started out slow for me - I didn't like the beginning but it quickly got better and better (especially the closing credits - oh my!). The movie doesn't surpass Across the Universe but it was still really good and I'll definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD. Plus, how can you go wrong with ABBA songs anyway??? I had a hard time not just standing up in the theater and dancing around and singing "If you change your mind, I'm the first in line. Honey I'm still free...take a chance on me..." - but the grandma next to me probably wouldn't have appreciated that.

Oh and I wasn't expecting a movie theater full of senior citizens. Seriously. And thanks to Desma and Noaillese for going with me (my husband thanks you too!).

p.s. - Dear James Bond (aka Pierce Brosnan), seeing you sing in a musical is just weird. Please stick to your day job - drinking martinis - shaken, not stirred.
p.p.s. - Dear Mark Darcy (aka Colin Firth/Mr. Darcy), you are still hot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nolan wants to know if you are willing to see it again so he can set up a play date with for me with you. There may be juice boxes in it for us. Lemme know.