Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall is Here...

....and so begins the busiest time of my year. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Over the past 5 years (since I've been with Chris) I've had to re-fall in love with this season. I've always been a warm bodied person - drinking in the warmth of the sun in the summer. But I loved fall too for various reasons - Aggie football, get to wear long sleeved clothes, not dying of heat when I get in my car, can walk my dog outside, get to make comforting foods like chili, etc.

But then there were a few years where I just loathed this time of year. Why you ask? Because for some crazy reason I married into a Christmas tree growing family! I don't know how many times I've asked myself over the years, "How come you couldn't marry into a lazy family??? Why do they have to be so productive???" The answer (I now know) is - passion.

It's the passion that Chris' parents have for the farm and the Christmas trees and the pumpkins and school kids and the families that come out to visit the farm. And the past couple of years I've grown to feel that passion myself. So now, instead of complaining that I don't have any time to do anything in the fall, I.....oh who am I kidding...I still complain. I'm the queen of complaining! Just ask my husband.

Look at how my weekends play out between now and 2009:

Sept 27 - My birthday! Woohoo!
Oct 4 - Our 2nd anniversary - weekend up at the lake house
Oct 11 - Great Pumpkin Hunt
Oct 18 - Great Pumpkin Hunt again
Oct 25 - Great Pumpkin Hunt and again
Nov 1 - Monie's party/most likely recovering from sinus infection I got while working on the farm
Nov 8 - WURSTFEST!
Nov 15 - Hopefully visiting my adorable nephew in Sugar Land that by now I haven't seen in ages and probably has totally forgotten all about his favorite Auntie Katy
Nov 22 - Only free weekend (so far it's free but I'm sure it'll get filled with something)
Nov 29 - Thanksgiving weekend up at the farm/actually get to watch Aggie vs t.u. game this year since it is on Thanksgiving instead of when the farm is open
Dec 6 - VERY busy weekend on the farm
Dec 13 - Christmas tree farm
Dec 20 - Still at the Christmas tree farm
Dec 27 - Probably in Sugar Land celebrating Gavin's first Christmas
Jan 3 - Whew...it's finally 2009! Am I still alive?

p.s. - Please come visit me on the farm. It's the only way I get to see my friends and family (besides in laws) this time of year.

1 comment:

Sara Louise said...

Girl, I'm exhausted from reading that!