Friday, September 19, 2008

Only in Texas

All us Texans have to deal with the stereotype that we ride our horses to work everyday. It's so annoying to travel somewhere and someone asks how many horses you own. The answer is zero....unless you talk to my husband, to which he says "I have 345 horses pulling my Hemi Dodge Ram, baby!"

Well some people have to go and ruin this stereotype for everyone.

Just yesterday I was taking some back roads home (and by back roads I mean Manor/Springdale instead of HWY 183) to avoid a traffic jam. As I'm driving along this road in the middle of the city I notice something odd on the sidewalk up ahead and almost peed my pants it was so funny to me.

My only thought was "Why don't I have my camera with me when stuff like this happens???"

What I saw was...a man...commuting home from work...on his horse...on the sidewalk.

Okay maybe he wasn't really commuting home from work...I don't know him so I don't really know. But it was rush hour and he was in a residential/commercial area - not some ranch. So I'm going to make the broad assumption that he was ruining the stereotype for the rest of us because it makes the story better, okay?

It was pretty funny to see though.

Good ol Austin, Texas.

You just never know what you're going to see when you wake up in the morning.

However.....I will really pee my pants if I ever see this going down the sidewalk:


photo from Internet

No comments: